What an eventful month! As usual, I'll post our Happiness board
photos, but there are some things that happened that we forgot to take
pictures of! Whoops! Thank you to everyone who helped make our August
joyous!
We went to the Utah County fair. We were a little disappointed with how
small it was, but were excited to find out that one of Tyler's photos
won Best of Show for his level! He entered three photographs. The other
two both won a first prize for his category. That would be a lot more
excited had there only been one first place per category. Instead, every
thing entered in the fair got first, unless it really was mediocre and
then it got second.
small it was, but were excited to find out that one of Tyler's photos
won Best of Show for his level! He entered three photographs. The other
two both won a first prize for his category. That would be a lot more
excited had there only been one first place per category. Instead, every
thing entered in the fair got first, unless it really was mediocre and
then it got second.
My friend had her second son this month! We got to watch Jackson for a
couple of days while she was at the hospital. Grant loved having a
friend around!
couple of days while she was at the hospital. Grant loved having a
friend around!
Grant's new favorite game is peek-a-boo. He plays it constantly! He'll be
laughing in the car and I'll look back to find him covering his face
with a blanket and then quickly taking it off. He loves to close the
doors on Tyler and I and have us open them again...and again...and
again. I love how much he interacts with us now!
laughing in the car and I'll look back to find him covering his face
with a blanket and then quickly taking it off. He loves to close the
doors on Tyler and I and have us open them again...and again...and
again. I love how much he interacts with us now!
We went to a family barbeque with Tyler's Dad's side of the family. IT was
fun to get to know them again. And, as always, the food that Aunt
Katherine made was aMaZinG!
fun to get to know them again. And, as always, the food that Aunt
Katherine made was aMaZinG!
Tyler had a work party. I enjoyed putting faces to names of people I have
heard about. They had a prize drawing and we won a fan! Tyler also was
given a Red Lobster gift card for helping put together all of the
activities. We just used it and had one of the best meals we can
remember!
heard about. They had a prize drawing and we won a fan! Tyler also was
given a Red Lobster gift card for helping put together all of the
activities. We just used it and had one of the best meals we can
remember!
On August 16, Charles Gideon Andersen was born! We're so happy for Ressa
and Jason. They are naturals at the parenting thing, as we all knew they
would be. Yay for new cousins for Grant! He now has 3 :)
and Jason. They are naturals at the parenting thing, as we all knew they
would be. Yay for new cousins for Grant! He now has 3 :)
Tyler and I hosted the ward "Walk 'n talk." On Sunday afternoon, we all walk
to someone's front yard to socialize, have a devotional, and dessert. I
spent the day making popcorn: regular, kettle, and caramel. It went
well! We loved getting to know people in our ward better. We really have
a fantastic ward. They have been very welcoming.
to someone's front yard to socialize, have a devotional, and dessert. I
spent the day making popcorn: regular, kettle, and caramel. It went
well! We loved getting to know people in our ward better. We really have
a fantastic ward. They have been very welcoming.
I know this is a picture of Grant, but it represents my birthday! I
turned 23 this month. I finally feel like I'm 21...still a couple of
years behind. Sereen had the family, Ressa, and I over to her
neighborhood pool. It was fun to be with everyone. Hannah and Casey made
cupcakes, which were delicious! Grant loved them too. Later in the day,
Ressa babysat Grant as Tyler and I went to India Palace. Then we went
over to Ressa and Jason's and had a small party with the family. Thank
you to everyone for making it a great day!
turned 23 this month. I finally feel like I'm 21...still a couple of
years behind. Sereen had the family, Ressa, and I over to her
neighborhood pool. It was fun to be with everyone. Hannah and Casey made
cupcakes, which were delicious! Grant loved them too. Later in the day,
Ressa babysat Grant as Tyler and I went to India Palace. Then we went
over to Ressa and Jason's and had a small party with the family. Thank
you to everyone for making it a great day!
Tyler's facebook post on my birthday: Today marks the 23rd year of a mysterious increase in the happiness
index, the sun giving off slightly more light, and a larger demand for
popsicles. I am no scientist but I am pretty sure I have the answer.
Today happens to be the 23rd birthday of a girl who has brought me more
happiness and joy, made the sun shine brighter, and keeps my fridge
stocked with popsicles. Her name is Jessica Ranquist Walker. There really is a strong correlation here!
index, the sun giving off slightly more light, and a larger demand for
popsicles. I am no scientist but I am pretty sure I have the answer.
Today happens to be the 23rd birthday of a girl who has brought me more
happiness and joy, made the sun shine brighter, and keeps my fridge
stocked with popsicles. Her name is Jessica Ranquist Walker. There really is a strong correlation here!
Isn't he sweet?
Tyler and I went to the Scera and saw 7 brides for 7 brothers. Tyler was in
Scarlett Pimpernel at the Scera last year, so he knew a lot of people in
the play. We thought about auditioning for this play, but decided it
wasn't the best timing. Next year maybe!
Scarlett Pimpernel at the Scera last year, so he knew a lot of people in
the play. We thought about auditioning for this play, but decided it
wasn't the best timing. Next year maybe!
Tyler took newborn pictures of Charlie. He really is a cutie.
The day before my birthday, we went with Tyler's parents to see Wicked!
This was my third time seeing it. I still loved it! As Tyler says,
there's something about watching a stage performance and seeing the
characters make decisions right then and there. The singing was
spectacular!
This was my third time seeing it. I still loved it! As Tyler says,
there's something about watching a stage performance and seeing the
characters make decisions right then and there. The singing was
spectacular!
Our friends, David and Alex Lewis got married this month! They had a photo booth as their sign in. We are so happy for them!
We doubled with Charity and Truman, which was a lot of fun. I miss living
directly above them! We went on a hike up Rock Canyon and then to a
Google fiber party, where we got free corn dogs, cotton candy, kettle
corn and lemonade. I'm so grateful for their friendship.
directly above them! We went on a hike up Rock Canyon and then to a
Google fiber party, where we got free corn dogs, cotton candy, kettle
corn and lemonade. I'm so grateful for their friendship.
Also this month was our 2 Year Anniversary! I can't believe it has already
been two years...and that it has only been two years. I'm so grateful
Heavenly Father directed my path to find this amazing man. He is all I
ever wanted and more :) I am so excited for eternity with him!
been two years...and that it has only been two years. I'm so grateful
Heavenly Father directed my path to find this amazing man. He is all I
ever wanted and more :) I am so excited for eternity with him!
Oh! And I almost forgot. Tyler did the ice bucket challenge. Grant hasn't
been the same since. I'm not kidding. He gets scared and starts almost
crying every time he hears running water now. He used to love playing in
the sink or with bowls of water. Now he just pouts and stares at them.
Find out why by watching the clip:
been the same since. I'm not kidding. He gets scared and starts almost
crying every time he hears running water now. He used to love playing in
the sink or with bowls of water. Now he just pouts and stares at them.
Find out why by watching the clip:











What a great month August was! Your happiness board fills my heart with joy especially when it includes all the wonderful pictures of Grant! Charlie is such an adorable baby too! I'm already looking forward to September's happiness board!
ReplyDelete